Android App Development
Lead Developer - Ministry of Women and Child Development, Cryptojacking Researcher
Beginner to Advanced level Android Development | Android Architecture and UI/UX design elements | Android development tools | Design, Create and run a Debuggable version of your app.
The Android Operating software is the most used and one of the largest selling OS systems based on cell phones. According to an estimate, out of the six billion mobile phones in the world, around one billion are being used in India (70% of India’s current population). Around 6 million subscribers join the group every month. Android developers have
What you will Learn
- Design and build a functional Android application
- Understanding Android and its principles
- Create User-friendly Interfaces
- Use Built-in widgets and components
- Debug Android applications using plugins
- Publish your app on Playstore
- Learn fragments, adapter, recycler view etc;
About the Course
There’s no getting around it. Android accounts for 81.7% of all smartphones sold. People and companies are on the lookout for great Android App Developers.
In this course, you will discover the power of Android app development, and obtain the skills to dramatically increase your career prospects as a software developer. You’ll also have a head start over other developers using obsolete tools and earlier versions of Android.
Android is continually being updated, so old versions of the operating systems will have features from the latest version. It's called AppCompat, which is a set of support libraries used to make apps developed with newer versions, work with older versions.
Starting is easy because no previous programming experience is needed. NONE! If you do have it, great. Or maybe you just want to brush up on your Android development skills, and that’s fantastic too.
The course is presented using a combination of video, slides and diagrams, all designed to teach you everything you need to know.
This is what you’ll learn in the course:
- Develop apps for Android
- Download, install and configure the necessary software.
- Create your first app.
- Build a range of apps demonstrating key aspects of the Android framework.
- Test your apps on emulators or a real Android phone or tablet.
- You’ll learn Java programming because Android app development requires knowledge of Java.
- Ensure your apps work with current and older Android versions on phones and tablets.
- Use Android studio 2.3, the newest version of Google's premier Android tool.
- Learn how to use databases, web services, and even get your apps to speak!
- Understand the all new Constraint layout, for "drag and drop" screen creation.
- Use powerful libraries of code to play videos, download website data, manipulate images, and a whole lot more!
To reinforce what you’ve learnt during the course, there are numerous sections with quizzes designed to help you understand each concept better. Importantly, our course teaches students the real-life skills needed to get those in-demand jobs or further your programming skills. The course has 2 real-time projects - Mini and Major projects, on completion of which you will receive a Certificate. Each project has been designed to be of use for your industrial or final year projects in college and also for your placements or job interviews. With this course you'll get 24/7 support, so if you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A section and we'll respond to you immediately. Unlike other courses, this course doesn't just teach Android App Development but also motivates the student and creates a sense of interest for the subject too. Who should choose this course:
- The course is 100% for you if you’re wanting to be a kickass Android app programmer!
- No previous programming experience is assumed.
About The Coach
Anisha Sharma is a professional Android Application Developer and a Cryptojacking researcher. As a Computer Science Engineer, she has previously developed Android applications for various companies like Jaobol, Meet & Greet etc; She also currently serves as the Lead Developer for a Central Government initiated project "National Creche Booking Portal" under the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Joining Unschool made it easy for me to study Android App Dev. The videos and notes were easy to understand and really helpful. Learning through Unschool also taught me to ‘How to publish Apps on Google Store’. Coach Anisha also guided me really well in learning and understanding the content. It was a great experience being a part of the Unschool community. I will be looking forward to learning more new courses online through Unschool.
Mukesh Patel School of Technology, Management and Engineering
It’s been a great experience with Unschool and learning from the Android course. I understand a great deal of technology that I never even heard about before and today, I can actually build an app and publish for people to use. Thanks to unschool for this experience and the wonderful response time that you always maintained.
Harshvardhan Sai Kolla
SRM University, AP – CSE