India's youngest political biographer, Co-Founder of Scribelle Media, Communications Consultant
Ever dreamt of having a book with your name engraved on it? If that thought excites you, here’s a course for you. Learn the fundamentals of developing an idea into a story and write your own book with this course.
The first thing you need to know about writing a novel is that there are no easy answers. The second thing you need to know is that there’s no magic formula. Every novel demands its own structure, its own pace, its own way of looking at the world.
Still with us? Good. Because, as it turns out, writing a novel isn’t just a head-banging exercise in utter frustration and despair, it is also a deep swim into your own headspace and a really fun adventure. It’s your world; you get to make it, populate it, cultivate it, and bring all of the pieces together.
What you will Learn
- Understanding the process of outlining & structuring your book
- Overview of the common writing habits & challenges of every writer
- Pitching your book to publishers
- Transforming your outline into a written draft
- Selling yourself as an author across all platforms
About the Course
First of all, an author has an idea:
it may be small but it grows over the weeks and months until he or she decides it's time to get the story down on paper! This is the start of a long and exciting road, and it can be quite daunting. The good news is that learning how to write a novel is a skill than can be learned, and the best way of learning it is to do it. However, the process is much easier if you have guidelines, a kind of road map to success with your first novel. This course is the road-map you need.
You'll learn how to:
- Find and develop ideas - Write a killer outline that doesn't get in the way - Structure your novel based on time-tested principles - Develop a great story arc - Write conflict, suspense, and believable characters - Put sections together in a meaningful order
Stop struggling with your first draft (or your fourth!). Whether you're a seasoned writer or an anxious beginner, you'll be able to use this course to fast-track your writing career!
Work through the course at your own pace, with no time or access limitations. Ask questions, get involved, and take your fiction writing to the next level!
The Course Rodmap (followed) for The Art of Writing a Book:
Module 1: Course Introduction:
- How, where and when to start
- The Writer's block and challenges of every writer
Module 2. Your journey as a writer:
- Understand and establish your writing pace - Discover your BIG idea for the book - Constructing the outline and breaking your book down into smaller pieces - Research, research and.. RESEARCH! - Building Characters - Planning a writing schedule
Module 3. The Publishing Dilemma
- How to write a winning book proposal
- Inside the world of publishing - Literary agents, Editors etc;
- Negotiating a contract with publishers
- Self publishing vs Traditional Publishing - An overview
Module 4. Converting your publishing-contract into a long-term Writing career.
- Brand building and establishment
- Book launches/endorsements
- Making money through your book and staying in the news. If you are a complete beginner and you know nothing about writing, don’t worry at all! In each of the four main modules of the course, we start from the very basics and will gradually build up your knowledge. The course contains plenty of case studies that make it easy to understand. With this course you'll get 24/7 support, so if you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A section and we'll respond to you immediately. Unlike other courses, this course doesn't just teach Writing but also motivates the student and creates a sense of interest for the subject too.
About The Coach
Tejaswini is the author of India's Glocal Leader, the first definitive biography of Chandrababu Naidu. She is a journalist by profession and has worked as Communications Officer/Consultant with AP Chief Minister's Office from 2014 to 2017. She has dabbled in media, government and politics. A recipient of the Lioness Award for Influential Communicator and winner of Laadli Media Award for Gender Sensitivity, she is an editor, strategist, and speaker, who is obsessed with the innovative ways of creating content that's useful and effective.
I would say it’s a great platform to learn as it is segmented properly with various topics and covered everything that’s related. The Youtube videos, articles and mentorship is organised in a way that’s easily understandable. The section quizzes at the end of each module help review the knowledge we have gained. The most interesting feature is making notes instantly on what we learnt on the platform itself.
St. Francis College for Women,BMS
The Entrepreneurship course covered a lot of information, delivered in concise chunks that were easy to absorb. Coach Rahul has obviously put a lot of thought and expertise into designing it. But it wasn’t just about the new knowledge, but the feedback also has been received positively. This course is well guided and the mentors are open to help in concepts even beyond the course. I recommend this course to all beginners in this field.
Aditi Kiran Salke
Cummins College Of Engineering for Women